Monday, May 14, 2007

I made my first sweater!!

Cardigan for Arwen

Cardigan for Arwen

Cardigan for Arwen

Cardigan for Arwen

You have to ignore the dorky poses, I was playing with my kids at the same time.

Anyway, here are the specs:

Pattern: Cardigan for Arwen from Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Knit Picks Andean Silk, Cornflower, 16 balls
Needles: Lantern Moon size 7 and 8
Started: January 1, 2007
Finished: May 4, 2007
Modifications: I didn't do the hood, because I don't wear hoods. Instead I did a single crocheted border around the neckline after I seamed everything together. I really like it.

The only downside to this sweater is that when I started it, I was 21 lbs heavier, so it is a bit big on me, but I don't care, I like it all slouchy.

Blocking was a BIOTCH though. Apparently because of the silk, it stretched out soooo much while blocking it. Originally the wingspan was 6 feet long, and I was totally freaked out. But thanks to all the lovely knitty heads, I squished all the stitches together and then left it alone for 5 days and they are still a bit long, but waaaaaay better.

So all in all I am really proud of my very first sweater!!

10 comments:

tiennieknits said...

Fabulous job on your first sweater!!

Christy D. said...

Now, see, you didn't believe that it would block out and it did! What a great sweater!

Unknown said...

You went cabled on your first ever sweater? You should be so proud! It looks gorgeous.

Sue, aka seiding said...

I love it, it looks great without the hood, and it looks great on you!

Batty said...

You should be so proud! You first sweater, and it's pretty, flattering, and eminently wearable!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous Arwen! Congrats on your first sweater.

Cathy said...

It's so pretty! Iove that color on you. Good job :)

Emily said...

Nice job! Love the color. Love the poses. The camera loves you.

Rebel said...

LOVE the sweater! Good job... love the glamour poses too. ;)

- Zuma

pigbook1 said...

I am making one too. What size did you do? Do you love the sweater still? I can't wait to finish