Friday, June 08, 2007

Garden Path Shawl

It's done!! FINALLY!! Frickin A I thought this thing would never end. But it is and I am extremely happy with the results!

Garden path shawl

Pattern: Garden Path Shawl by Elann.com (free pattern)

Yarn: Pure Alpaca from Elann.com in the Forest Path colorway

Needles: Size 9 Lantern Moon

Start: March 2007
Finished: June 2007

Garter stitch shawl

Modifications: This shawl is huge. I mean HUGE. I omitted the last repeat of the pattern and it is still down past my rear. I adapted the edging pattern to fit without the last repeat of the round flowery things and steam blocked it. I didn't block the edges aggressively enough so they aren't as pointy as they could be, but I was so excited to wear it that I didn't feel like redoing it!! LOL


This is my younger sister modeling it.
Garter stitch shawl

And my 3 year old.

Crystal modeling garter stitch shawl



Would I knit it again? No way. Did I enjoy knitting it? Definitely. I have however decided that I prefer stockinette shawls to garter stitch shawls.

6 comments:

Batty said...

Pretty! And it looks good on everybody, which is a nice bonus.

Emily said...

OMG, congrats! It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Knit me one? -- just kidding. Congrats on getting it finished.

Jess said...

thats a pretty radical shawl. I love the size. To me, thats how a shawl should be!

The Queens Throat said...

damn.
i really need to start modeling.
like for real though.

shopgirl said...

I am so impressed! I can't imagine making something like this. Gorgeous.