Saturday, July 07, 2007

Mystery Stole 3...

I was one of the first 100 to join Mystery Stole 3, not realizing that I was going to be part of something so huge!! Currently there are over 6000 members, all knitting the same design. How freaking cool is that??

Anyway, Clue 1 and 2 are already out, but I just finished knitting clue 1 tonight while the kids and hubbo slept. I am using Zephyr wool/silk in the color Cassis with black iridescent beads. It is turning out really nice I think!

Here you can see the lace work better:

Mystery Stole 3

And here you can see the contrast of the beads:

Mystery Stole 3

I love it!! Even though it is hard and I can only knit it when my kids are asleep, I am loving it. :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, that is really stunning! I love the color. You're really talented. I don't know where you find the time.

tulokyn said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one using contrasting beads on a lighter yarn. It's awesome to get a better idea of what mine's going to look like (pale grey yarn with dark purple beads) once I get that far.

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I love the color. I am also reading other blogs that the authors are doing the MS3 and it is so neat to go from blog to blog seeing differences in yarn but the same lovely pattern.
6000? That is madness in a very cool knitting way!