Monday, February 19, 2007

Endpaper Mitts

These were my second official stranded colorwork pattern. I am in LOVE with fair isle-ing!! I had so much fun making these, and they went so quick. I am still not totally comfortable with how to hold the yarn in my left hand but it is getting more comfortable, I don't know how to control the tension all that well. Anyway, here are the pics!!

Dorky artsy shot:

DSCN0627

DSCN0632

Inside out:

DSCN0628

Close up: (you can see how it isn't totally smooth, tension isn't the greatest)

DSCN0625

Project Specs:

Pattern: endpaper mitts from Eunny Jang
Yarn: Dale Baby Ull, a little less then one ball of dark and light blue each
Start Date: February 12, 2007
End Date: February 16, 2007
Comments: I had to adjust the needle size due to guage problems, I am a really tight knitter, so I made these on size 3 and 5's instead of 0's and 3's. But they fit me perfectly, I made the largest size, as my measurement is 8.25. It was SUCH a fun knit though!! I think I might make another pair of these someday. My next colorwork project will be the anemoi mittens, but first I am halfway through the left front of the cardigan for arwen. It is turning out really nice, I am using knitpicks andean silk. Pictures of that to come!!

6 comments:

Jacque said...

Those are just gorgeous. Can't wait to attack fair isle myself!

Jennifer said...

Great colors!

AJ said...

Thanks for answering my millions of sock questions! :) I suppose with time and experience I'll just know how much is enough huh? Your mittens are absolutely gorgeous. Looks like you are a colorworking pro! I have been eyeing Eunny's mittens, but living in California doesn't really make for cold weather. But maybe I'll make them anyway! ;)

Batty said...

Beautiful! I'm still torn between these and that skulls and crossbones hat from Hello Yarn.

I love your color choice. Also, when you're wearing them, any unevenness is gone (and I didn't notice it to begin with...).

Ragan said...

Those mitts are wonderful! Fair Isle is scary.

Bufanditas said...

Awesome mittens!! The colors look so good together, great choice.