and a knitting blog, is that you don't update very often. But luckily I am updating right now!! I have finished the Tilted Duster!
I didn't mind knitting this sweater at all, which is an improvement. My Cardigan for Arwen took forever because after I finished the first two halves I couldn't get through the miles of stockinette on the back.
It took about 5 weeks, which really isn't too bad considering how little knitting time I get nowadays. (My youngest is a climber. Keeps me on my toes constantly.) Unfortunately this sweater, while originally for me, looks HORRIBLE on me. Seriously. I couldn't even wear it to take pictures in. Luckily my sister tried it on and it looks as though it was made for her. So she will get the sweater, and was nice enough to model it for me for the blog and Ravelry!!
Pattern: Tilted Duster by Gaughan
Yarn: Berocco Peruvia in Tobacco
Needles: Size 9
Notes: First off, this yarn, while some of the softest I have worked with and honestly SO soft against the skin was a BITCH to seam with. Seriously I wanted to poke myself in the eye with my darning needle the yarn broke so many times. I honestly think it will be the time I do a sweater in one ply. Also the stitch definition was difficult to see because of the halo of the yarn.
The pattern itself was actually a pretty fun knit. Mostly mindless, with just enough decreases and increases to keep it interesting. Overall, I really enjoyed knitting it. It was my first time with set in sleeves and while I don't think I did that great of a job, I also don't think I did a terrible one. Over all, I give this sweater a B.
The only reason it didn't get an A is because it didn't fit!! :(