Saturday, February 02, 2008

Little baby socks and a BSJ!

I have been really bad at blogging lately. I blame Ravelry. It is much easier to just upload all the info, fill out the forms and voila you are done. I have decided to try to blog all my projects too though, just for my own personal satisfation. :)

So I am on a baby sock making kick. I have a friend due in May, so I made her a Baby Surprise Jacket and had enough yarn left over from the December shipment of the Rockin Sock Club to make some little socks to match:

Yarn: STR lightweight in Bella Coola from Dec. RSC shipment
Needles: Jacket, size 5 bryspun, socks size 3 KP harmony circulars

Baby Set

Sara's Baby Sweater

The socks are the Little Sky Socks from "New Pathways for Sock knitters" by Cat Bordhi. Super cute and easy to knit!

Little Sky Socks

Then I also made some Little Coreolis socks for another friend in STR lightweight in the colorway Sherbert:

Coreolis

This is much closer to the true color:

Coreolis socks

(um yeah, I really need to bleach my grout apparently)

I have also made 2 more pairs of baby socks and another pair of Saartje's booties, but haven't uploaded the pictures yet.

2 comments:

Soo said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my Forest Path Stole. I hope yours does come out of hibernation one day -- although I confess I can understand why it went that way. It can be a kind of dull knit!

The little booties and BSJ are gorgeous!! Whenever I see stuff like this I wish my friends had more babies. :)

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Ack!! The cuteness! I love it!! Plus in STR...yummy!!! Great job!